Tuesday

I am off to India !!!!

I am soo excited to be part of UTS's India Wood Block Print trip this year ! I cannot wait !!

I am leaving for the airport super early tomorrow morning and first stop will be Delhi.
This is such an amazing opportunity as it will take us into how different cultures work with fashion and textiles. To come home from this trip with even a little bit of the richness of culture and depth of understanding in textiles that the Indian culture has to offer rubbed off on me, I will consider myself lucky.
The main focus of this trip will be traditional woodblock work as well as some embroidery and dye  exploration. Apparently when we get there we are thrown into a whirlwind of fabrics and colour and I am so so excited to see what is to offer.

Before leaving we have decided on a concept in relation to Australia to see how both cultures can blend together, create a woodblock design to be carved by Artisans in India and create a background screen printed repeat on some fabric to work with different layers in our designs.

My Concept Inspiration is from my Favorite place- My beach house. The beach that my place is near is Stockton beach which is home to 4,200 hectares of sand dunes. The dunes are absolutely mind blowing and carry the essence of Australia which I thought would be perfect for this trip.
Here is my concept board, woodblock design, screen print design and screen printed fabrics that I have ready to take tomorrow. So excited !!









No comments:

Post a Comment